10.31.2011

who let the ninjas out?

Well, let the craziness commence.

Already this morning I have outfitted my boys in ninja and Clone Troopers costumes and watched a Halloween parade.  Later today I will help "host" a Halloween party at preschool for 20+ four and five year olds.  Back home to rest, until off to dinner at friend's and the grand finale of trick or treating! 

What are the pitfalls of this dreaded Halloween nigh for mothers?  Here are few from my highlight reel:
  • small child with a fever of 101 puking all over the carpet as we ready to trick-or-treat
  • same small child pees in not one- but two costumes in the same night.  (thank god for the dress up bin!)
  • a toddler who doesn't comprehend why you wouldn't eat the candy as soon as someone hands it to you.  (No need for a trick or treat bag!)
  • the perfect costume rips at a party days before Halloween-and I forget to mend it like I promised.  
  • the most awesome Clone Trooper helmet won't stay together and continually falls off.  (I guess the small velcro tabs were not a great design choice)
All in all, October 31 is all about the kids.  I know many adults LOVE to dress up.  Don't count me as one of them.  The extent of my costume effort is a t-shirt and some crazy eyelashes.  Good luck to all of you tonight.

May your trick-or-treating be pee free and may your kids collect handfuls of your favorite candy (so you can eat it after they go to bed!)
Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips