3.21.2012

empire state of mind

Spring has arrived.  I was reminded of the hope, renewal, and freshness this season brings when I came across this picture of Central Park.
In December, my husband and I snapped a shot in this very spot. [Our first trip to Manhattan.]
Our stroll through the grand park in winter was crisp and invigorating.  A walk this week would surely be fragrant, warm, and replenishing.  The New York City forecast calls for temperatures to hit the high 70's this week.  I can only imagine how the city comes to life-as it sheds its winter layers.  While Seattle is stuck in a winter holding pattern, I am in an Empire State of Mind.


"These streets will make you feel brand new
Big lights will inspire you, let's hear it for New York."
 You can hear Jay Z sing about it, but you can only know it if you are in the heart of NYC.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips