2.24.2012

mangia.


Ventured out to the "New Seattle" last night.  That is what I call South Lake Union.  You seriously must run on down there- if you haven't already.  Brightly lit shops, inviting restaurants, a bustle of people, great architecture.  (Can you tell I liked it?)

I dined at Cuoco.  A newer Tom Douglas eatery.  It was delicious!  The ambiance was warm. The service was superb.  The food?  Fantastic!  

Our indulgences:

I shared with my sister in law:
20 month aged parma proscuitto, honey crisp apples, arugula
Roasted beets, mache, almonds, goat cheese, apples, cider vinaigrette

I ordered:
Bucatini - hollow dried wheat pasta, marinara, brasied beef meatballs 
Had planned on leaving some to snack on today but I couldn't stop myself.  It was that good!

She had:
Agnolotti dal plin - house-made filled pinched egg pasta, rabbit, veal, pork, marjoram butter
Tiny, delicate bow tie raviolis. Simple and perfect.  

**If you or someone you love must eat gluten free, they have a gf pasta that can be used as a substitute in almost any dish.   That makes us smile in this house.

Give Cuoco a try on your next night out.  Happy Weekend. xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips