1.25.2013

read it. make it. eat it.

I love to read.  I love to cook. And I love to eat. [good thing I like to run.] Lucky for me the world seems to have gone cookbook crazy!  While browsing in my local book store a few new cookbooks caught my eye.....

1  Savory Sweet Life by Alice Currah.  [A book spinoff from Alice's acclaimed food blog- Savory Sweet Life.]

2  What Katie Ate by Katie Quinn Davies.  [A spin off from the blog What Katie Ate.  The photos and typography had me the moment I opened the book!  It is a work of art.]

3  More from Macrina by Leslie Mackie.  [Favorites from a local Seattle bakery.  Macrina for brunch, lunch or pastries.  You can't go wrong!]

4  The Truck Food Cookbook by John Edge [ Mr. Edge seems to have worked hard sampling food for this book.  The food truck revolution makes me smile.  This book promises 150 recipes from the best food trucks in America. I am all in.]

One cookbook was sold out on my visit....
I adore the Smitten Kitchen blog and cannot wait to own this cookbook.  This blog is a must read.  You must try this recipe for the best rice crispy treat you have ever had! 

Which cookbooks [new or old] are your favorites? 

1 comment:

  1. Agreed! My favorites are Apples for Jam & Falling Cloudberries by Tessa Kiros, Moro East by Sam & Sam Clark, Purple Citrus & Sweet Perfume by Silvena Rowe. I'm a cookbook collector the above are all beautifully photographed.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips