9.26.2011

lunching with Grace

Remember last Friday afternoon?   80.  Sunny. Wonderful.

I totally lucked out and was able to sneak in a lunch date with a girlfriend.  She picked Grace Kitchen in Seattle's University Village and it was perfect.  Totally understated, but perfectly decorated.  Grays and whites instantly calm you as walk in.  The staff was extremely happy and friendly.  And the menu was unique and interesting.  I love it when a menu offers new twists on old favorites.

For instance, Grace Deviled Eggs.

Grace Deviled Eggs~ eggs stuffed with salmon, sour cream and herbs. 

Those eggs were deelish! (I could have used a few more exclamation marks, but I resisted.  My husband shared with me that I may overuse them?)  We shared 3, but I could have easily eaten all of them myself! 

The menu offered many choices.  Here were a few that popped out at me:

  1. Chutney Burger ~ grass fed beef, beecher’s cheddar, bacon, onion chutney, lettuce 
  2. Spicy Tomato Almond Soup
  3. Mac and 4 Cheese ~penne pasta, parmesan, gruyere, fontina and beecher’s cheddar, sage and oregano
Great options for a date night too:
  1. Meatball Hero ~ classic italian meatballs, marinara, grilled peppers and parmesan cheese
  2. Grilled Flat Iron Frites ~ chimichurri, wilted spinach, served with pomme frites
  3. Linguini and Manilla Clams

After my lovely lunch, I read some reviews online.  Not  many were glowing but I say it is definitely worth a try.  I will to back to Grace Kitchen.  I might even invite my husband.
Check out the whole menu at http://www.grace-kitchen.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips