9.15.2011

totally shellac-ed

 
shellac manicure day 2

After 12, fun-filled weeks of summer everyone in my house is officially back to school.  Totally treated myself to a manicure/pedicure yesterday!  I ventured out and tried something new.  The shellac manicure.  I had read about it, but had not known anyone that had tried it.  Very much like a classic manicure, but refreshingly without the hassle.  The nail shellac containing no formaldehyde or carcinogens is more like a gel coating.  After being exposed to UV light...it is instantly dry!  I did not have to worry about ruining it with a quick movement nor did I need help finding my keys in my purse.  Voila!  Instant beauty treatment that is inclusive to klutzes like me! Washed dishes last night and it is still looking great.  It may last up to 2 weeks.  I will keep you posted on how well it holds up to my "lifestyle".  (If I do it again, I am going to splash out and do a bright color.  Why not?)


Want to give it a try?  I loved the nail salon Patsy James, newly opened at the Sola Salons in Bellevue. Patsy is warm, fun, and a total professional.  While she does offer the shellac manicure, you may also indulge in classic manicures and pedicures.  She uses Butter London polish and lotions.  Plus, not only does she have the latest magazines, she also had the E! channel on inside her nail studio.  One can never be too far from celebrity news!  

2 comments:

  1. I've been itching to try a shellac manicure but didn't know how truly effective it would be. I tend to chip my nail/nail polish in about 3 days. Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooooo funny a girlfriend and I went into Seattle yesterday for a mani pedi and we both got Shallac it was great both for $55 . . . my husband even commented on how great my nails looked!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips