8.31.2011

shower required

I giggled when I read this article about Elle MacPherson and her panache for dressing as the "ever always" super model to grab her kids from school.  Check her out!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2031743/The-Elle-effect-Two-thirds-mothers-dress-school-run.html
Seriously?

While I did not splash out for a new ensemble or a new hair style, I did up my game a bit today.  A shower was required.  Well, at least for the first day of school.   I established a rule for myself that the first day warranted a little effort on my part.  Hey, I even put on a little mascara this morning.  That is probably the best I have got.  For the next 179 days you will find me in work out gear or sweats at drop off.  Heck, if I am being brutally honest- on dark, dreary days in the doldrums of January it might even be my pj's.  (That is when you say a little prayer that your car doesn't break down and you are stranded on the side of the road as everyone you know drives past!) 


Here is to a great school year and to never getting caught in your pjs!

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha! I remember my mom dropping me off in PJs....I never really minded until Middle School years ;) Hope Will had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Denise. Do you remember when I would drive you to school and you made me stop one block before the building so no one would see that your mom dropped you off? Love you anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips